Monday 20 July 2009

The First Post (Vol II)

I haven't posted on here for a while but have found myself with some time in which to do so. Luckily I have thought of a more focussed purpose for this blog which will keep me busy with it over the next few months.

With Belt Up Theatre, we rarely get the opportunity to give the audience a degree of praise. In normal theatre, where they are largely passive, this isn't always necessary. Yet with theatre where they are expected to be interacted with, participate and be largely active, it is a shame that we can't always thank them for adding to our shows.

In light of this, I'd like this blog to be a sort of thankful commentary on my favourite audience experiences as well as a commentary on some of the more risky and dangerous moments from our shows.

All our shows contain an element of improvisation and reliance on things utterly out of our control so here I hope to keep a document of the highlights that arise from this.

Our Edinburgh programme begins on the 5th of August so from there I'll keep this blog updated on some of the highlights.

If you're up in Edinburgh this summer, Belt Up have got three shows going - The Tartuffe (8.55 C-Soco 5th-31st Aug), The Trial (11.30 C Soco 5th-31st Aug), Leasspell (EIF, 18th-19th Aug) as well as numerous secret projects and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment