Wednesday 16 September 2009

Coming soon...

Following a rather lovely Edinburgh run, both Tartuffe and The Trial are getting life extensions beyond the festival.

On the 1st and 2nd of October, Tartuffe will play at the York Theatre Royal in the 800 seater main house - quite a different venue from the Squat or The Red Room. Have redone the script to accomodate and am looking forward to reworking the show, it looks like its going to be a lot of fun and a bigger more ridiculous version than the intimate productions.

On the 6th to the 9th, The Trial is being performed up in York in a secret location though I think all the shows are now sold out.

Both shows are being performed as part of the YTR Takeover festival where the theatre is being run by under 26 year olds, quite an exciting prospect and am thrilled to be part of it. Lets hope it inspires similar projects for future years and in other venues across the country.

Beyond October, I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say yet but expect both Tartuffe and The Trial to be in London for a few weeks come November!

2 comments:

  1. Never had a chance to see either show... I hope they go well.
    Looking forward to any spring productions (as I will actually be in the same time zone then)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello
    my names adrian , i was one of the people "margaret" chose to come on stage as the fake actor
    i thought the whole play , the cast the set, the edited script was completely superb.
    You have made me more determined to folllow the dream of becoming an actor.
    I absolutely loved it

    ReplyDelete