Thursday 1 July 2010

Once more unto the breach...

It's the night before the start of the mega rehearsal schedule for Belt Up's 'The House Above'. Had a realisation that my next day off is now the 3rd of September!

From tomorrow until the 26th of July, it's 12 hour days of rehearsal 10 till 10 wearing writer, director and actor hats on and off throughout.
Am looking forward to it though - especially because I get to revisit some old friends in Salvador Dali and Gregor Samsa. Haven't been Gregor for two years now so it's quite exciting to be 'putting him on' again (though my state of fitness has declined somewhat requiring most of my time off - i.e. when I'm not asleep - being dedicated to the gym).


Looking forward very much to returning to Salvador Dali, had a dream in character the other night which was incredibly bizarre, not surprising considering it was a dream as Dali. Was probably influenced a lot by a visit to 'The Surreal House' on saturday at the Barbican where they've got his 'Sleep' on display.

I'm aiming to keep a regular diary going on here throughout the prep for 'The House Above' and the Edinburgh festival itself. Haven't got much else to say in this one so I'll avoid dragging it out, I guess the main point is that a massive load of rehearsals start tomorrow and this is exciting. Point made.

No comments:

Post a Comment